Thursday, August 6, 2009

tha magic of going to film

I've been quite disheartened this week, trying to think about jobs, careers and what might really be a right thing to do next. I feel pretty leaden most days and really wonder when I will have the imagination or even gumption to work on something new and passion-inducing and somehow useful.

A bright spot was coming across an article on a rolling film festival organized by Tilda Swinton, the actress, and Mark Cousins, the film critic and festival reviver. And I love this clip of Mr. Cousins talking about the wonders of bringing a West Bengali cinema to the Edinburgh International Film Festival.



This reminded me of the mobile solar powered cinema that used to travel to Greenbelt every year. Maybe it will be there this year. Anyway, I thought, why can't I do something like that?

No comments: