Monday, April 27, 2009

back to the first post

I finished reading The New York Review of Books articles on torture and was quite sick. Re-reading this before posting I remember Max Von Sydow in Hannah and Her Sisters: 'If Jesus came back today, and saw what what was going on in his name, he'd never stop throwing up.'

I think that by the time you get into arguing over whether or not a specific way of inflicting pain is or is not torture you are already so far from what is right (never mind what is true, worthy, loving, etc.) as to not be worth listening to. I might want more from the current administration. I certainly don't want less and am often reassured.



I don't know what to make of the rabbit that belongs (for now) to Pierre Bergé, but felt happy trying to draw it. It was a gift to the Chinese Emperor a couple of centuries ago that was stolen in the 1800s. Monsieur Bergé says he will happily give it back when the Chinese government recognizes Tibetan independence.

I messed up the drawing and it was fun trying to set it right again.

No comments: