Thursday, December 17, 2009

animatedly animating



I look as though I am trapped in a Hitchcockian nightmare of my own making, which is not really what I was going for. (Am I being chased?)

Right after I drew this I saw a music promo from Joann Sfar's Serge Gainsbourg biopic: Mr. Sfar is in the background of a lot of the shots animatedly animating. I watched with a lot of envy for the flowing freedom that he draws with and wondered how I can liven up my own drawings and get them off the page a wee bit. For me (and this ties back to the surprise and the delight that my drawing tries to anticipate) this is a question of practicing resurrection in everything. Amen and amen and amen. Drawing has to be at least a part of that practice, alongside my questions along the lines of, how then should we live?

No comments: