Saturday, May 23, 2009

at times

I am definitely going to be facing some change in the next few weeks. This has never been a very comfortable place for me. But there is a lot that is positive about the fact of the change, and about the challenge to self-examination that goes along with this. I am greatly encouraged by Pip Wilson's blog, which I need to write more on some time; he encourages me to welcome the itch that exists in 'the place called uncomfortable'.

Soon I will have a lot more time to write about all of this.

In the meantime, I was struck and helped by this Henri Nouwen quote, which appeared a week or so ago on a couple of blogs I like . I saw it first at Maggi Dawn's site.



I have not been drawing very much, so I thought I would post another page from my sketchbook to show the furthest I have been getting in putting pen to paper. I often do not get this far. But these were good words to come across.



I like that I wrote a verse from Colossians down and then decided to put the next one. And then the next one. This was on one of the days when I was most stressed.

No comments: